SHARED ACTIVITIES are at the heart of the Club, this along with many other one off opportunities London has to offer gives you a varied and active club to enjoy. Also welcomed are new activity leaders willing to share other fields of interest to members.
Some of the events we have enjoyed over the last 12 months include:
- Australia Day Luncheon at the Hyatt Regency, The Churchill, Mayfair, with guest speaker Mary Angrove, a young Adelaide woman talks to us about her travels leading her to the vibrant London art scene.
- Summer BBQ at Stoke Lodge, the Residence of the Australian High Commissioner
- International Coffee Morning in the Downer Room of Australia House with Australian Samantha Cohen, Assistant Private Secretary to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as our speaker
- Monthly Coffee Mornings with interesting speakers
- A wonderful Melbourne Cup Luncheon at the Chesterfield Mayfair Hotel, complete with Fashions on the Field and a sweep
- A number of theatre nights and film afternoons
- A Foodies trip to Prague
- Lots of casual fun evenings in pubs in central London
- Art history visits to significant galleries in and around London
- Several guided walks around London landmarks
- An afternoon tea tour of Australia House with Australian High Commissioner, the Rt Honourable Alexander Downer